- Showroom Event
- 7:00 PM. Dec 18
ALEXANDRIA M. WILSON email@example.com
Enthusiasm, Dedication, Team-work, Communication, Administrative & Organizational skills, pro-activity, flexibility
SOFTWARE Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, PLM, Outlook, Quickbooks
TECHNICAL DESIGN DEPT., Aeropostale/Aero OpCo LLC New York, NY| October 2013-Present
Categories handled: P.S. Kids Girls Knits, Women’s Knit Dresses, Women’s Woven Dresses,
Women’s Sweaters, LLD Active & Casual, Women’s Block Leggings, Women’s Swimwear & Intimates
TECHNICAL DESIGNER October 2017-Present
ASSOCIATE TECHNICAL DESIGNER January 2015-October 2017
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DESIGNER October 2013- January 2015
1. Work with the Design team to create Proto samples for development based on
2. Create a chart of styles per season and based on Fit history, to compare and improve
fit each season.
3. Create block patterns or ensure that the current company blocks are maintained per
spec and fit standards.
4. Maintain and update block charts, communicating any block revisions after the
exective teams sign off on changes.
5. Measure, track, and review all fit samples, including Buy samples that are reviewed
during High Level Edit meetings. Once the styles that are bought into the line are approved,
we have our Seasonal Design Intent Meetings where we reviewed the BUY samples with our
cross-functional teams including, Design, Production, and Merchants to align on fit.
6. Communicate with factories about the fit samples bought into the line, as far as how
the fit samples were made, construction details, fit details, and grading details.
7. Create and Send fit comments to factories, including all callouts, pattern corrections
and images, so that the next fit sample comes in improved.
8. Review and measure Pre-production samples, ensuring all standards are met.
9. Double check Top of Production samples sent, ensuring that all corrections are correct
going into production.
10. Work with Assistant and Associate Technical Designers, as they learn the ins and outs
of being a technical designer, allowing them to assist with measuring samples, sending fit
schedules out to the team, and updating them on any pattern correction needed.
11. Present at Orientation as a representative for the Technical Design Department,
communicating the role of a Technical Designer in the product life cycle.
SAMPLE COORDINATOR, Saks Fifth Avenue, New York, NY| September 2011-October 2013
Categories Handled: Designer/ Contemporary Handbags & Shoes
1. Responsible for the physical organization of the sample closet including organizing
samples by turn-in schedule or any other configuration as directed by the Turn-In Manager
2. Track the whereabouts of samples - check items in when arriving at studio, check
products out for photo shoots, check back in after shoot
3. Check the accuracy and quality of samples from vendors; track and report issues to
4. Complete incomplete copy sheets with information from the sample and work with
vendors to insure any missing information is received prior to turning in copy information.
5. Troubleshoot between the buying office and the studio during shoots in the event that
the Product Coordinator is absent or busy
6. Manage sample logistics (pack, unpack, send back to vendor, track)
7. Prepare material for daily / weekly turn-in and present to the photography studio
8. Communicate with vendors if incorrect styles or colors were sent or if samples are sent
9. Coordinate with Merchandise Assistants to make sure copy information is accurate
and all information has been submitted before pub date and for vendor approval
10. Assist the Product Coordinator in communicating with the Buyers to ensure that all
samples have been booked in to our Distribution Center before the cancellation date and to
confirm correct styles and colors are on our website
TECHNICAL DESIGN INTERN, Michael Kors New York, NY | July 2011-September 2011
FASHION DESIGN MAJOR, The Art Institute of Dallas Dallas, TX | July 2008-September 2011
Degree Earned: Bachelor of Fine Arts
HEAD DRESSER, Couture Fashion Week New York, NY | February 2012
BACKSTAGE DRESSER, Neiman Marcus, Fashion’s Night Out Dallas, TX | September 2009
BACKSTAGE DRESSER, Neiman Marcus, Lela Briggs Show Dallas, TX| September 2009