Back to Resumes
Experienced Sales, Management, Customer Service Professional
832-527-3408 l firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motivated self-starter with ten plus years of valuable retail sales, management, and marketing experience
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively work with individuals from varying backgrounds, and skillsets
- A natural leader who performs well under pressure
- Seeking career advancement opportunities that build upon experience and strengths
Sam Houston State University – Huntsville, Texas
Bachelor of Science – Agricultural Business and Marketing
Sunglass Hut, The Woodland-Northpark Center June 2016-Present
- Assist director in daily business operations to ensure store is on trend and all sales goals are met.
- Coach staff on company expectations and product knowledge to promote individual success
- Collaborated with a local business for the execution of a private event which resulted in a $3500 boost in sales, and currently developing plans for other private events.
- Top associate in Sales Volume for the past 5 months.
- Maintain a 104% or higher in sales goals consistently, currently 167% to 2017 sales goal.
- Continually seek out future talent to adequately staff during peak seasons.
- Support the Sunglass Hut brand ensuring all visual merchandise is up to date and representative of the latest trends.
- Consistently work with our team to build product knowledge on current or upcoming collections.
- Markets merchandise by being fully knowledgeable of all sales, in store or online promotions, and promotions advertised.
- Receive and/or sign off on inventory to monitor shrink
- Evaluate deposits and cash reconciliation reports daily to ensure cash handling, discounts, and promotions were executed according to company standards, and report to sale audit
- Actively work with Asset protection to eliminate shrink, protect inventory, and set best practice policies in store.
- Use my leadership skills to build a positive rapport amongst my team, and maintain enthusiasm.
Landmark Hospitality Group, Houston, TX October 2015- March 2015
Event and Marketing Manager
- Over saw the marketing and event planning for Landmark Venues. Primary locations included The Republic Smokehouse and a 36,000 sqft event venue. Other locations included 51Fifteen, Hearsay and Hearsay on the Green.
- Worked closely with all customers and prospects as the day of event coordinator to ensure every event was executed properly from start to finish. Assisted with menu selection, décor, audio/ visual set up and handled budgeting and payments for the event.
- Events with 200+ guests included:
- Protiviti Quarterly Earnings Dinner
- Mayor’s Rodeo Kick off Breakfast
- Paint Horse Rodeo Committee
- Harris County Sheriff campaign dinner
- Houston Young Lawyer Association Gala
- South Texas College of Law Gala
- Arthritis Foundation annual fund raiser.
- Fresh Arts annual fund raiser.
- Houston Technology Center Conference
- Effectively generated new business by cold calling prospect lists and surrounding businesses near our venue.
- Increased private event and catering revenue by an average of $80,000 a month.
- Successfully achieved monthly sales goals of $60,000 in new business. Areas of responsibility included:
- Menu Launches
- Special Events
- All Social Media
- Creating all marketing material and content for social media, email blasts, and in house promotions.
- Landmark ambassador attending networking events to build new customer relations.
Lucchese, Houston, TX October 2014 – October 2015
Assistant Store Manager
- Assisted General Manager in the day to day operations of a $3.5 million store. Duties included opening, closing, customer relations, and employee management.
- Organized and executed daily administrative work
- Helps spearhead all private and public social events.
- Coordinated between the corporate offices and clients on all public and private events.
- Ran reports to regulate trends within the store to determine what merchandise is needed.
- Generated purchase orders daily to make sure inventory stock levels were adequate, and that there was a steady flow of merchandise.
- Attended community events as an ambassador to the store and the brand.
- Helped the GM in providing a strong leadership presence in the store, and took on any roles or duties necessary in his absence.
- Received the merchandise daily and responsible for removing or adding inventory, or contacting vendors if any issues occur.
- Communicated with the GM on the strengths and weaknesses within the store and what can be done to drive business.
- Assisted clients and employees with custom boot designs and orders, by working closely with the corporate headquarters.
Pinto Ranch, Houston, TX April 2013 – October 2014
- Analyze sales reports to recognize trends in order to assist in the buying decisions for the Menswear department, as well as Men’s and Ladies’ boots.
- Develop assortment plans and build merchandising strategies according to consumer purchasing trends.
- Assist in the selection of merchandise along with the building and submission of all purchase orders.
- Oversee all special and custom orders through close communication with our customers, as well as our vendors.
- Work directly with vendors by participating and planning special events for customers in order to build brand recognition.
- Regulate inventory at all of our locations, including damaged merchandise, shipment errors, and price discrepancies.