- Showroom Event
- 5:30 PM. Jan 30
543 Northwest Highway, #2303, Irving, TX 75039
(480) 433-6762 firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished Retail Manager Project Management Skills
Multi Category Buying Expertise Knowledge of Design and Trends
Creative Retail Merchandising Analytical Problem Solving
Strong Selling Skills Goals and Results Driven
Budgeting and Forecasting Customer Service Oriented
Inventory Control Management Unsurpassed Work Ethic
Operations Manager, 5/2006 – 4/2016
Maggies – Scottsdale, AZ and Dallas, TX
· Managed store operations for $2.7 million retail organization focusing on high-end home furnishings, lighting, decorative, gift and women’s apparel.
· Directly responsible for understanding current retail market and sales trends, purchasing in connection with those trends as well as planning, budgeting and attending markets for multiple categories.
· Accountable for open to buy budget and inventory control programs to generate the maximum profit from the least amount of inventory investment without intruding upon customer satisfaction level.
· Established and maintained strong vendor relationships to support the operation while jointly focusing on new business development and goal setting.
· Drove the promotional planning processes for email blasts, Facebook and website banners.
· Developed effective pricing and markdown strategies to improve margin performance and maintain a profitable product mix on the floor.
General Sales Manager, 3/2000 – 5/2006
Maggies – The Woodlands, TX
· Hired, trained and managed staff of over 20 employees with responsibility for sales managers, sales associates and warehouse personnel in a total of 4 stores.
· Motivated and retained long-term sales associates through aggressive training and teamwork focused sales programs designed to generate increased sales and superior customer service.
· Generated weekly sales reports to analyze customer buying trends and merchandise sell through.
· Consistently cultivated a productive work environment to ensure the staff recognized the importance of their contributions on an ongoing basis.
· Worked closely with key customers assisting with home decorative design projects, in-home accessory placement, as well as custom orders.
· Consistently exceeded MBP goals achieving maximum bonus with regard to sales, retail conditions, inventory control and sales management conditions.
Visual Merchandiser, 3/2000 – 4/2016
Maggies – The Woodlands, TX
· Developed and executed merchandise planning strategies to create an overall store image conducive to higher impact sales and a positive customer shopping experience.
· Coordinated all store displays to align with brand guidelines and vendor strategies.
· Developed and implemented visual guidelines to ensure visual standards were maintained within the store at all times.
· Utilized product knowledge, attention to detail and creative flair to generate fresh, innovate displays that created excitement and impulse purchases.
· Merchandised floor on a rotating basis to maintain a fresh forward look within the Decorative Department for both new and repeat customers.
· Responsible for quarterly floor shifts involving space planning, product placement, fixture layout and cross merchandising fashion with home décor.
Marketing Manager, 10/1997 – 12/1999
Courtesy Distributors – Lombard, IL
· Responsible for marketing and brand management of 1,300,000 annual case portfolio of import beverage products with prominent emphasis on Corona Extra.
· Grew import portfolio by 37% in 1998 by developing and implementing marketing and sales programs designed to achieve volume, distribution and display goals.
· Worked directly with import brand supplier to communicate business priorities surrounding brand performance, annual business plans, category management and pricing strategies.
Retail Account Executive, 8/1995 – 5/1997
Coors Brewing Company – Indianapolis, IN
· Responsible for 416,000case retail channel, and increased sales by 19% within the first six months.
· Grew market share through ad/feature penetration, shelf management recommendations and display merchandising programs.
· Developed annual and quarterly goals with distributors to include sales volume, distribution, promotions, merchandising and budget commitment.
· Managed and trained nine Field Sales Representatives in a three state area.
· Received Special Recognition Award and All Time Volume Record Award for retail success.
Sales Representative, 8/1992 – 8/1995
Kraft Foods, Inc. – Indianapolis, IN
· Responsible for sales and marketing of General Foods branded products in a $1,700,000 territory.
· Increased territory sales by 24% in the first eight months.
· Managed seven distributors and successfully grew their product lines to meet maximum sales and profit objectives.
· Developed and implemented sales promotions targeting national end-user accounts.
Sales Associate, 8/1988 – 11/1991
Westvaco – San Francisco, CA and New York, NY
· Responsible for the sales and marketing of paper products with key accounts representing 37% of the west coast total sales volume.
· Increased sales by 62% through prospecting and generating incremental business with new accounts.
Bachelor of Science: General Management, Krannert School of Management
Purdue University - West Lafayette, IN