Back to Resumes
Interior Designer/Project Manager
Randall Paul Harmon, NKBA
2812 Cambridgeshire Drive Carrollton, TX 75007
Interior designer and project manager with recent BFA from top CIDA accredited design program, kitchen and bath designer specialization with more than 25 kitchen and 30 bathroom designs completed, high-end residential renovations and restoration work, numerous design portfolio and merit awards, building renovation and repair, proposals and estimating, administration and multi-media design. Member NKBA with floor plans and specification badge certification (2019), NCIDQ candidate (Remaining exams scheduled Fall 2019).
- Award-winning, top-achievement at NYSID for design work and commitment to the field. Strong knowledge and skills in visual design, color, light and architecture.
- Hands-on experience gutting and redesigning NYC apartments and townhouses, renovating many San Francisco apartment units, kitchens and bathrooms, and restoring the famous Cable Car Theater.
- Experience in administrative aspects of design projects, from bid, proposal, and contract and project management through installation and coordination of vendors, contractors and inspectors.
- Tech-Savvy in design/modeling/rendering and project management tools such as Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Studio Designer, Design Manager, AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Method CRM, cabinetry production software packages and SketchUp. Content production and maintenance of websites and webcasts.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Interior Design, New York School of Interior Design New York, NY 2012
Graduated with a 3.83 GPA with High Honors
McMillan Design Scholarship President's Scholarship Keith Bjes Scholarship
Knockout Renovations, New York, NY 2018/June 2019
Designer/Project Manager -
- Interviewed prospective clients to determine scope of work, created work-scopes and design proposal presentations with labor and material financials. Project values ranged from $65K to over $700K dependent upon scope and complexity.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects as designer and project manager.
- Selection and sourcing of FF&E.
- Acted as design coordinator for the build out of a new showroom, ensuring a positive experience for all customers and staff.
- Provide project management expertise for stalled projects.
Landmark Construction Corp. New York, NY 2016/18
Project Coordinator/ Interior Designer
- Responsible for selling design services.
- Launched Landmark Custom Cabinetry and Design, Inc.
- Created design standards for interiors, CAD templates, cabinetry, client materials and maintenance manuals and written production procedures for shop processes, increasing sales by 10% and productivity by 25%.
- Designed all custom millwork and cabinetry for projects ranging from $500K to more than $1M.
- Coordinated design services, created CAD and shop drawings, Cabinetry and millwork production & site installations between various stakeholders.
- Managed migration to CNC driven shop operations and machinery.
- Created & maintained materials library, increasing sales by 30% and increasing levels of material quality offerings for interior projects.
Ageloff & Associates New York, NY 2015/16
- High-end boutique interior design firm specializing in interior architecture and design of $1M+ projects.
- Assisted in the design process from conception to realization, selection & ordering of fine FF&E,
- Used Studio Designer,
- Assisted with site installations and creation of presentation materials.
Classic Rug Collection New York, NY 2015
- Produced production drawings of rug designs for production factories in Nepal and Thailand.
- Provided client services for studio where 80% of the business produced one of a kind rugs of the highest quality, Provided Administrative support directly to the owner/designer Barbara Barran.
- Continuing work as a contractor for owner/designer.
INDEPENDENT DESIGN PROJECTS
Twin Peaks Renovations San Francisco, CA 2012/15
Rehabilitation of a hillside apartment including:
- 2 kitchen designs and installations
- 2 bathroom renovations
- Rooftop deck design/build
- Master suite remodel applying Venetian Plaster and incorporating original fine art.
- Role as GC.
- Project directly increased property value by more than $100K and boosted rental income by 350%.
Exploratorium Gala Opening San Francisco CA 2013
- Created The Vortex Lounge for the gala opening of the museum’s new $300M facility.
- Installation raised $13,500 for the museum foundation.
- Constructed using CNC technology and a modular design.
DIFFA SF Dining By Design San Francisco, CA 2012
- Designed and built a dining environment for this favorite annual fundraising event. Installation raised $12,500.
Nantucket Historic Preservation Nantucket, MA 2010
- Selected for competitive scholarship to produce HABS documentation in support of historic preservation for a 300-year old bungalow in development to become an historic house museum.
Upper East Side Renovation New York, NY 2008/09
- Recruited by E.N. Interiors to help gut renovation of a custom 2br/2ba apartment on a $750,000 budget across 1 year time line.
- Coordinated electricians, plumbers, and inspectors with property management team.
- Assisted in selection of FF&E and decorative furnishings and fabrics.
- Assisted with site installations and creation of drawings and sketches.