Back to Resumes
Interior Designer/Project Manager/Showroom
RANDALL PAUL HARMON, NKBA
email@example.com ♦ 646-671-8760
INTERIOR DESIGNER – DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
Interior Designer/Project Manager with recent BFA from top CIDA accredited design program encompassing kitchen and bath design specialization. Background includes 25+ kitchen, and 30-bathroom designs within high-end residential renovations and restoration work. Recipient of multiple design portfolio and merit awards. Additional expertise includes:
- Building Renovation and Repair
- Design Proposals and Estimates
- Administration and Multi-Media Design
- Floor Plans and Specification Badge Cert
- Visual Design, Color, Light, Architecture
- NYC Apartment/Townhouse Gut & Redesign
- San Francisco Apartment Renovation
- San Francisco Cable Car Theater Redesign
- Project Budgeting/Cost Management
- Project Bidding, Proposal, Contracts
- Project Needs Assessment, Scope
- Vendor/3rd Party Relationship Management
- Contractor/Inspector Management
- Design Production Quality Control
- In-House Art/Graphics Production
Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Studio Designer, Design Manager,
AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Procore, Bluebeam Revu
Cabinetry Production Software and SketchUp.
Content production and maintenance of websites and webcasts
CARPENTRY ASSOCIATES, Arlington, TX 09/2020 - Present
Project Manager for residential, commercial and hospitality projects.
- Provide design support and project management expertise as defined by detailed project scope
- Manage millwork projects through manufacturing process; inspect and resolve production issues. Review detailed drawings and resolved issues utilizing ‘out of the box’ design skills to ensure production completion.
- Maintain focus on fabrication costs researching and implementing alternative fabrication methods to increase efficiencies.
- Utilize customer relationship management skills, across internal and external stakeholder relationships, with focus on communications and customer relationships.
- Recruit, vet, and select third-party vendors and contractors including specialized finishers, metal fabricators, and wood carvers. Work with fabricator production coordinators to ensure final product met CAD design specifics; eliminated company risk and liability by maintaining consistent communications with vendors and cross-checking design requirements.
- Address concerns related to shop floor or fabricator productivity remaining factual and focused on resolved relationship or production issues.
- Manage installations.
- Create productivity practices to increase efficiency through Project Management and fabrication processes.
- Clients include Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, The W Dallas, Akira Grandscape, Brasao Steakhouse Plano, Kimpton Hotel DC, Siemens, private residential clients
GEORGE CAMERON NASH (Cameron), Dallas, TX 06/2019 - 08/2020
Designer/Product Development/Sales Associate
Designer and product development of prototypes, custom and made-to-order fine upholstered furniture.
- Provided design support and expertise utilizing CAD software to create drawings as defined by detailed quotes for made-to-order furniture; streamlined drafting process to increase drawing delivery reducing turn-around from two-weeks to two days.
- Managed design projects through manufacturing process; inspected and resolved production issues. Reviewed detailed drawings and resolved issues utilizing ‘out of the box’ design skills to ensure production completion.
- Maintained focus on fabrication costs researching and implementing alternative fabrication methods to increase efficiencies. Utilized customer relationship management skills, across internal and external stakeholder relationships, with focus on communications and customer relationships.
- Recruited, vetted, and selected third-party vendors and contractors including specialized finishers, metal fabricators, and wood carvers. Worked with fabricator production coordinators to ensure final product met CAD design specifics; eliminated company risk and liability by maintaining consistent communications with vendors and cross-checking design requirements.
- Addressed concerns related to vendor or fabricator productivity remaining factual and focused on resolved relationship or production issues. Acquired responsibility for contract (commercial grade) furniture design and construction for use in commercial spaces encompassing rigid code specifications for health, safety, and welfare of end-users.
- Created marketing materials (utilized by sales team and showrooms nationwide) utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud resulting in backlog clearing of generation of cards/postcards, large scale signage, price guides, and tear sheets. Created Productivity Forms to increase efficiency through design and fabrication process including Production Change Order, Receiving Summary, Inspection Forms, Custom Quote Worksheets, COM Spec Sheets, Production Calendar Forms, and Sectional Worksheets.
RANDALL HARMON PAGE 2
KNOCKOUT RENOVATIONS, New York, NY Contract position 08/2018 - 06/2019
Managed and led multiple concurrent projects as Designer and Project Manager.
- Conducted client needs assessment as part of project direction; determined and created work scope, and design proposal presentations with labor and material financials. Project values ranged from $65K to $700K+ dependent on scope and complexity.
- Prepared multiple presentations with complete estimations of construction and labor budgets and fully realized design schemes with floor plans, elevations, material selections, and full color 3D renderings. Sourced FF&E (Fixtures, Finishes and Equipment) with clients from designated vendors.
- Managed design and build-out of retail showroom specifying FF&E, customized installations of showroom vignettes, lighting, stone/tile/flooring, and color selection. Developed space plans for office areas and workstations.
- Selected to ‘step-in’ on stalled projects including initiating difficult conversations with clients, vendors, contractors, and sub-contractors to ensure project movement to completion. Interfaced with Co-Op/Condo boards, building managers, and vendors. Resolved design issues and concerns to ensure acceptance by housing boards. Conducting solid due-diligence with Department of Building and structural engineers.
LANDMARK CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION. New York, NY 08/2016 - 07/2018
Project Coordinator/ Interior Designer
Provided in-house interior design expertise focused on owner goal to create a design service business under general contracting corporation with customer cabinetry manufacturer resulting in Launch of Landmark Custom Cabinetry and Design, Inc. designing custom millwork and cabinetry for projects ranging from $500K to $1M+.
- Created design standards for interiors, CAD templates, cabinetry, client materials, maintenance manuals, and written production procedures for shop processes increasing sales by 10% and productivity by 25%.
- Managed migration to CNC driven shop operations and machinery eliminating manual machinery environment. Set up operation and programming software with immediate increase in productivity and decrease in lead time.
- Provided lead-design expertise for 4 BDR/4BTH apartment with ADA requirements. Verified site conditions and produced construction documents, sourced FF&E and home furnishings.
- Tracked projects providing designs for built-in case work, millwork, paneling and closet systems. Provided liaison support with lead architects to resolve design conflicts. Maintained job site knowledge including fixtures and finishes resulting in team support of acceptable conclusions.
- Created and stocked a design library dramatically changing the level and quality of finishes and material offerings; included detailed step processes for operation and work flow of cabinet shop, AutoCAD drawing templates, branded title blocks, a template for Materials and Maintenance Manuals for FF&E delivered to clients upon project completion
AGELOFF & ASSOCIATES, New York, NY 10/2015 - 08/2016
High-end boutique interior design firm specializing in interior architecture and design of $1M+ projects.
- Sourced fabrics, flooring, tile, stone; utilized AutoCAD to produce details of larger design elements within projects; worked with contractors and sub-contractors on shop drawing finalization.
CLASSIC RUG COLLECTION, New York, NY 2015
Provided client support for design studio where 80% of business produced one-of-a-kind, high quality rugs.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Interior Design, New York School of Interior Design New York, NY
Graduated with High Honors
RANDALL HARMON, NKBA
ADDENDUM - INDEPENDENT DESIGN PROJECTS
TWIN PEAKS RENOVATIONS, San Francisco, CA 2012-2015
Rehabilitation of a hillside apartment complex resulting in property value increase by $100K+ and rent income increase of 350%:
- 2 kitchen designs and installations, 2 bath renovations
- Rooftop deck design/build
- Master suite remodel applying Venetian Plaster
- Role as General Contractor.
EXPLORATORIUM GALA OPENING, San Francisco, CA 2013
Created The Vortex Lounge for gala opening of museum’s new $300M facility raising $13,500 for museum foundation. Constructed using CNC technology and a modular design.
DIFFA SF DINING by DESIGN, San Francisco, CA 2012
Designed and built a dining environment for annual fundraising event. Installation raised $12,500.
NANTUCKET HISTORIC PRESERVATION, Nantucket, MA 2010
Selected for competitive scholarship to produce HABS documentation in support of historic preservation of a 300-year old bungalow in development to become a historic house museum.
UPPER EAST SIDE RENOVATION, New York, NY 2008-2009
- Recruited by E.N. Interiors to assist with gut renovation of a custom 2br/2ba apartment on a $750,000 budget across 1-year time line.
- Coordinated electricians, plumbers, and inspectors with property management team, assisted in selection of FF&E and decorative furnishings and fabrics, and with site installations and creation of drawings and sketches.