- Showroom Event
- 3:30 PM. Jun 29
Position Summary: Oversee and execute the Events strategy for all Gift & Home markets, Spring & Fall Design Weeks and other adhoc events. Ideate, schedule and execute market events including but not limited to seminars, hospitalities, speakers, market events and parties within applicable budget.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Research talent, design trends, music, educational topics, cuisine, etc., and liaise with other DMC departments to recommend appropriate hospitalities, events, seminar topics and keynote speakers for market
· Contact speakers and negotiate best economic deal for DMC, which may include trade-out of services
· Communicate with appropriate DMC departments for preparation of speaker and seminar contracts
· Create speaker itineraries and communicate with speaker or speaker’s agent
· Work with internal travel department to arrange travel, hotel and ground transportation for speakers in accordance with individual agreements and company policies
· Organize speaker and seminar presentation needs, including room set-up, AV needs, scripts, run-of-show, etc.
· Research, interview and procure external vendors
· Gather and communicate event details to other DMC departments for creation of video monitor content, electronic and print signage and/or graphics, and website/directory content
· Work with internal teams to manage logistics, parking, badging, security, layouts, etc.
· Place food and beverage orders
· Administer departmental budget to ensure we stay within budget parameters.
· Check for accuracy, code and submit invoices for payment in a timely manner
· Deliver exceptional customer service to all parties
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with exhibitors and internal stakeholders including Leasing, Retail Development, Operations and Marketing
· Provide help on other DMC events and hospitalities, as needed
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field and/or Related Experience in Event Management
· 5+ years’ experience in Event Planning, including working with catering, drawing-up contracts, arranging logistics, and vendor procurement
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)