- Showroom Event
- 5:30 PM. Jan 30
Galleri Urbane is currently seeking a part-time Gallery Assistant position to begin January 2020. The ideal candidate for this role will have a demonstrated interest in contemporary art, must be highly organized, and have administrative and basic digital design experience. They will have the capacity to work independently and as part of a small team in a fast-paced work environment. This position requires a commitment of two to three days a week, including occasional weekend and evening events. Deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 31st, after which qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Key responsibilities include:
- Upkeep of gallery inventory, logging sales, loans and location of artworks
- Updating and maintaining the gallery website’s commerce section (Squarespace platform) as
well as the gallery’s inventory on 1stDibs.
- Assisting with preparations for upcoming exhibitions, including assembling digital catalogs,
show cards, and other exhibition materials.
- Installing art for exhibitions and offsite at client locations
- Provide support for sales through creating checklists and supplemental files
- Collaborating to create social media content
- Help with packing and shipping artworks
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and strong oral and writing communication skills
- At least 1 year of experience in an administrative/support role.
- Familiarity with Mac platforms, including use of Google Suite, Dropbox, and Squarespace
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability to perform tasks with power tools, lift boxes, and climb ladders.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or apply by sending a CV and cover letterexpressing your qualifications.