The Evolution of Modernism
- Showroom Event
- 12:00 PM. Mar 29
The primary responsibility of the Sales Assistant is to learn ANN SACKS’ product lines and sales process, with a focus on developing competency in the sales process. The Sales Assistant is responsible for working side by side with the sales staff and Showroom Manager, adding value and efficiency to the ANN SACKS sales process, and ensuring a gracious shopping experience for all ANN SACKS clients.
Provide Exceptional Customer Service
· Ask basic qualifying questions to clients upon entry and engage appropriate salesperson
· Obtain contact information and enter it into Sales Force as leads
· Handle phone inquiries regarding pricing, stock, general product information, and order/tracking status
Develop Product Knowledge
· Learn product lines and specifications, gaining working knowledge of product
· Become familiar with showroom layout, wall displays and floor pads
Assist Completion of Key Steps in Sales Process
· Assist sales associates in creating quotes
· Assist in Showroom merchandising and general upkeep
Support Sales Responsibilities
· Shadow Design Sales Consultants/Advisors during client interactions
· Assist in preparation of outreach appointments, prepare materials, and follow up
· Observe product spec process and quote preparation
· Accompany associates on outreach appointments to build competency and effectiveness of outreach skills
Provide Sales Assistance to Unassigned Clients
· Assist clients who are not assigned to a specific sales associate
· Ask qualifying questions to uncover client needs
· Orient clients to showroom, guide them to material selections that meet their needs
· Partner with client through each step of sales process – provide samples, write quotes, manage order from placement through shipping.
· Maintain sample stock area, including replacement sample orders, and process incoming /outgoing shipments
· Pack and ship samples, literature and tear sheets for distribution to customers as necessary
· Generate postcards and letters for direct customer marketing
· Support and execute showroom events
· Contact clients from dormant accounts or targeted accounts in assigned territory to reinvigorate the business through showroom visits or outreach appointments
· Utilize Sales Force to build proficiency with sales forecasting and account management
· Minimum two years of administrative experience or 1-2 years of retail (preferably with a luxury brand) or design experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Business with a focus on Management or Marketing is preferred.
· Software: Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office is required. Experience working with a database is preferred, with SAP experience highly desirable. Candidates with experience utilizing design software such as Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Illustrator and InDesign are to be given strong preference.
· Other skills: Demonstrated organizational skills and outstanding customer service are a must. The successful candidate will possess a genuine love of working with and helping others, the ability to flex between a high volume of competing priorities, and a high degree of curiosity coupled with a drive to achieve against aggressive goals. Must contribute to and embrace a positive and inclusive working environment.