Floor & Decor Dallas Design Studio I Design Consultant - Full Time
Back to Open Jobs
Floor & Decor Design Studio is seeking a FULL TIME Design consultant! Please read the job description below. If interested, please reach out to:
Adam Martin - Studio Manager
The Design Consultant is responsible for setting appointments, meeting with customers in store and to determine design needs in the selection of tile, wood, stone, and installation products of various colors textures, patterns, and design.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- One (1) year of interior design experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company and prior retail sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office suite
- Willing to work retail hours to include weekends, and some holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sets appointments and meets with customers to determine design needs and formulate a design plan.
- Sells tile, wood, and stone products to complete the design plan
- Meet and exceed established goals
- Responsible for understanding, utilizing, and managing design applications i.e.; SketchUp, proprietary Online Design Appointment Scheduler, MyOrder, Salesforce (CRM), etc…
- Maintain customer contact at a high level and understand relationship selling, from pre-appointment/initial customer engagement to post purchase follow up
- Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company’s core values.
- Provides timely feedback on product needs/assortment gaps through partnership with the Design Studio Manager and the SDRM
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
Physical Work – Ability exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.