Contract Sales Intern
Back to Open Jobs
The Contract Sales Intern is critical to the growth of the Contract Sales division. They will be responsible for assisting with various aspects of daily operations of the local Contract Sales Representative(s) while providing support to the Contract Sales Representative(s) and their short- and long-term initiatives. The Contract Sales Intern will assist with various projects that will drive sales and provide exceptional customer service to all clients consistent with the Design Within Reach mission.
- Maintains the appearance of the contract office, fabric swatch samples, keeping accurate inventory of swatches, samples on hand and placing timely replenishment orders.
- Maintain inventory of all contract samples, marketing collateral such as catalog and all office supplies. Maintaining accurate sample loaner tracking.
- Maintain all new contact information in Salesforce.
- Sample Drop Off
- Schedule catering and sample delivery for rep meeting.
- Assist CCS with any follow up and basic quoting.
- Support rep at all times during travel.
- Assist the Contract team with building strong working relationships with customers, fellow associates and corporate contacts.
- Cooperate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for modern design, interested in expanding current knowledge base of designers and products while keeping up on latest trends within the design industry.
- Working towards a degree within Interior Design, Architecture, or related fields
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail and process oriented â€“ always willing to â€œgo the extra mileâ€?
- Posses outstanding problem-solving skills; follow through skills and is resourceful and creative.
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to prioritize
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; conveys information in a clear and concise manner; asks appropriate probing questions.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a â€œgo the extra mileâ€? mentality
- Team player. Cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers and encourages collaboration.
- Interested in self-development and is committed to continuous self improvement
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- PC proficiency, MS Word, Excel, PP, Outlook and Internet
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabilities).