The Contract Sales Assistant will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of sales operations for the Contract Sales Rep providing all aspects of support to the Sales Representatives daily initiatives. The Contract Sales Assistant will assist with various projects that will help generate sales and provide exceptional customer service to all clients consistent with the Design Within Reach mission.
- Assist organizing all fabric swatch samples, keeping accurate inventory of swatches on hand and placing timely replenishment orders.
- Keep track of contract sales sample inventory, and coordinate return of items when on loan to clients as well as maintaining inventory of all marketing collateral.
- Assist in drawings, and client furniture, fixture, and equipment selections, Customers Own Material (COM) Selections, and basic space planning, as well assisting with My Deco presentations for customers who are interested in seeing how the products would look in their own space.
- Assist in building and maintaining current relationships with Contract clients in the local area. This would include dropping off recent collateral, promotional items and various treats seasonally.
- Cooperate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit
- Maintain all sales operations tasks and ensure timely follow up regarding specific inquiries and issues
- Maintains the appearance of the showroom / office and products.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for modern design, interested in expanding current knowledge base of designers and products while keeping up on latest trends within the design industry
- Additional tasks as assigned by management
- Help to prepare and organize client presentations and coordinate food or catering and delivery of samples for onsite presentations.
- Responsible for scheduling and tracking all contract sales samples.
- Assist the Contract sales rep with alternative client specifications and recommendations.
- Assist the contract sales rep in preparing Excel, Keynote and PowerPoint presentations.
- 1-2 years experience in Interior Design, Architecture, or related fields Â·
- Candidate will possess strong organizational and time management skills and a creative approach to organizing.
- Candidate will need to be detail and process oriented â€“ always willing to â€œgo the extra mileâ€?
- Candidate will possess outstanding problem-solving skills; follow through skills, and will be resourceful and creative.
- They need exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; good at conveying information in a clear and concise manner; also asking appropriate probing questions.
- Ideal Candidate needs exceptional customer service skills with a â€œgo the extra mileâ€? mentality
- Candidate should be a team player - cooperative, easily gaining trust and support of peers and encouraging collaboration.
- They need to be interested in learning about high volume sales and in self-development being committed to continuous self improvement.
- Candidates need to be flexible and able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Eager to assist / work on high profile hospitality, corporate, healthcare and retail, interior design projects.
- PC proficiency, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PP, Salesforce and Internet, also a benefit if proficient with Autocad, SketchUp, and Revit Softtware.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabilities).