Showroom Sales Consultant
Back to Open Jobs
Ensures each client’s visit to the showroom is a positive experience by providing professional and knowledgeable sales service. Achieves sales and profit objectives through selling activities for assigned sales territories.
Requirements include a minimum of a high school diploma, Associates degree or higher highly desired. 3-5 years sales experience in a showroom, retail environment, interior design or relevant field. Must have demonstrated ability to achieve and/or exceed sales goals. Progressive negotiation and account management skills also required. Computer proficiency with working knowledge of all MS Office programs. Home furnishing industry experience highly desired.
- Achieves sales objectives as defined by Management through the implementation of account management programs.
- Implements strategies to ensure personal sales goals are achieved.
- Educates new clients on showroom product and services while providing a tour of the showroom and introductions to staff.
- Prospects new and inactive clients to optimize sales and client productivity.
- Actively participates in showroom events and activities including event preparation.
- Processes all new account applications for new clients, segmenting to provide the appropriate service, directing all appropriate leads to the outside sales force.
- Maintains continuous contact with clients, soliciting appropriate feedback and using information to build selling strengths.
- Promptly acknowledges and greets clients and visitors. Determines client needs, wants, dominant buying behavior and motivation to maximize selling opportunities.
- Incorporates effective negotiating techniques into sales strategies and utilizes competitor information in sales strategies. Prepares and presents accurate proposals.
- Develops thorough product knowledge through day to day selling activities, product research and participating in vendor and showroom product training.
- Actively uses appropriate technology and social media to notify clients of new merchandise and keeps clients updated on the status of orders and follows through on client inquiries.
- Participates in maintaining the appearance of the showroom floor on a daily basis.
- Completes inventory counts and price changes as necessary.
- Follows established administrative procedures in processing all sales orders.
- Accurately records information on product complaints, providing management with information to implement appropriate solutions.
To apply, please visit: