Senior Interior Designer
Back to Open Jobs
A small, high-end interior design firm in Dallas, Texas is seeking a talented interior designer with at least 4 years of experience in high-end residential design in the area. This position offers an incredible opportunity for an energetic, motivated and passionate individual to grow with an established, friendly and well-respected design team.
This position will be working directly with the principal of the firm and is responsible for developing and executing the design from the conceptual and presentation stage through the completion of final installation. Position requires a self-motivated candidate to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative job with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The applicant should have a proactive approach to all assigned tasks with excellent follow-up skills, and ability to work independently and ability to build strong relationships with vendors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop presentations, schemes and budgets for new projects with Principal.
- Lead the design direction for the project including generating “mood shots” and relevant imagery
- Responsible for implementation of all assigned projects
- Client meetings
- Floor plans, color and material schemes
- Project management including developing and managing budgets
- CAD drawings and hand sketching
- Prepare all input for purchasing
- On-site coordination
- Assist in management of Junior Designers
- Must hold a degree in Interior Design from a CIDA-FIDER accredited school
- 4+ years of progressive experience in another design firm is a must
- Must be able to demonstrate strong capabilities in handling and overseeing a project from concept through final installation
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively under deadlines
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency in construction drawings, codes, materials, furniture, finish selections and specifications
- Knowledge of ‘Studio Webware’ software is a big plus
- Must be extremely professional, reliable, and punctual, be able to work late as needed.
- Must possess extensive product and vendor knowledge
- Self-motivated and strong time management skills to successfully work on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead all phases of Interior Design process
- Must have an easy communication style and work confidently with design staff and clientele
- Must be exceptionally driven, take critique well, and passionate about achieving excellence in your work
Computer skills required:
- Auto CAD
- Microsoft word, excel, power point, outlook
- Adobe Acrobat
- Studio Webware - Training provided if this is new to candidate.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to work in a beautiful office, gain a high level of autonomy while working with a very high-end clientele. Qualified candidates please e-mail their resumes, photo, cover letter to Kristi Hale at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation will vary as it is dependent on applicant's experience level.