Hiring is heating up in the Design District, and even I am getting in on the action, looking for an intern to help me with various blog tasks! Here are the latest job openings from our lovely little neighborhood:
Intern & Accounts Payable/Recievable Position, AVID Associates LLC
AVID Associates LLC is an interior architecture firm, specializing in all interior/exterior selections during the building process of hi end residential and light commercial construction, as well as interior furnishings and drapery. We are currently looking for a paid intern position. Someone who possesses the ability to be organized, efficient, a go-getter and have a professional attitude/appearance. We are also filling a part time account payable/receivable position with the potential for full time. If you are capable in Quickbooks and Studiowebware please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales Assistant, Murray’s Iron Works
Update 6/18/2012: This position has been filled!
Murray’s Iron Works, a national manufacturer of Iron Lighting and Furniture is seeking a part time/full time Sales Assistant for their Dallas Design District Showroom.
- Sales experience working in the lighting or furniture industry or equivalent Design background
- Knowledge of high-end goods sold to the trade
- Personable and effective communication skills
- Team focused work style
- Proficient computer skills
Please email cover letter and resume’ to Britni Brock at email@example.com.
Social Media Marketing Intern, PegasusAblon
PegasusAblon, a Dallas-based real estate development company, is looking for a great writer interested in gaining valuable job skills through internship while contributing to its social media marketing initiatives in the Dallas Design District. We are looking for someone eager to make an immediate impact.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Writing blog posts, business listings and event posts for publication on LowerOakLawn.com
- Contributing content to social media sites, including Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Conducting interviews and doing research to support blog content
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Helping implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies
- Production of graphics, videos, photos
- Attending special events
- Some college (minimum 30 hrs)
- Strong writing skills
- Comfortable communicating online and using the latest online communication tools
- A self-starter who can work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with strong proofreading ability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to form business relationships online and offline
- Feels comfortable attending events and functions
- Comfortable creating unique online content including blog postings, video interviews and other digital assets.
- A passion for contemporary styles, trends, art and culture
- Proficiency in using Photoshop, WordPress, and Google Docs
Interested parties should contact Kendall Shiffler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a detailed resume including GPA, and a brief cover letter describing relevant education, extracurricular, and work experience.
Get more updates on job opportunities in the Dallas Design District and network with other local professionals by joining the Dallas Design District LinkedIn Group!